Are Harry and Meghan using the platinum anniversary for their Netflix project?


Updated on 05/09/2022, 00:00

  • In June, Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will travel to the UK for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
  • Concerns are now being raised in the palace that the Sussexes could use the stay for their Netflix project.

You can find more nobility news here

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will travel to the UK from their adopted home of California along with their children, Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11-months-old, for the celebrations of Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee in early June. The Sussexes announced this on Friday.

It would be a first step towards reconciliation. Meanwhile, concern is growing that the conversations the emigrant couple will have with royal family members in Harry’s old home will be used as material for the Netflix documentaries of the two. Harry’s brother Prince William in particular is said to be “concerned” about as “The Sun” reports.

“William wants to talk to Harry and try to bridge the gap between them, but he’s afraid the subject will be on Netflix, on Oprah [US-Talkerin, Red.] or appearing in Harry’s upcoming book,” the source continued.

The two brothers and Queen’s grandchildren were last seen in July 2021 at the unveiling of a statue at Kensington Palace honoring their mother, Princess Diana (1961-1997). At the time, sources claimed Prince William was “angry” and didn’t want to attend the event after Harry and Meghan’s Oprah Winfrey interview in March 2021, during which they made dramatic claims about the royal family.

Advisors want film ban in the palace

Palace officials are also said to be concerned that the attention of a Netflix film crew accompanying Harry and Meghan as part of their multi-million dollar deal with the streaming giant could distract from the anniversary celebrations.

The consultants reportedly want to prevent the Netflix team from filming the anniversary events at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. They don’t want the celebrations to be ‘exploited’ by the production team after the couple signed the £112m deal in September 2020.

However, the film crew could blend in with the crowd and accompany the couple while they are in VIP areas at public anniversary events.

Will Meghan be the “centre” of the platinum anniversary?

On Friday, royal experts warned that Harry and Meghan’s return to the UK could become the “focus” of the Queen’s platinum jubilee. The royal biographer Tom Bower said “Mail Online” on Friday: “They have been forced to accept a downgraded role – along with all the other VIPs – but they are obviously anxious not to be left out. Unless the Palace are very careful, the Sussexes will be using the celebrations to their own advantage “, he said.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are no longer in royal service at their own request, will not be able to join the Queen on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to watch the Trooping the Color parade on June 2. However, you will attend some events over the weekend.
© 1&1 Mail & Media/spot on news

Job embarrassment: Is Prince Harry & Meghan no longer working?

In 2020, Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan resigned from their royal duties, since then the two have been doing their own thing. The problem: It doesn’t work professionally.



Source-web.de