daddy yankee says goodbye to music and on his world tour he will perform in Chile next September 29th.
The world music icon, The King of Reggaeton, arrives in Chile with his farewell tour: The Last Lap Tour. A show awaited by thousands of Chilean fans who have been on the lookout for this confirmation, and which will transform the National Stadium into a great old school reggaeton party, led by the global star of the genre.
Daddy Yankee says goodbye to the stage with a world tour
Legend and pioneer of reggaeton, Daddy Yankee surprised fans and the industry with the announcement of his farewell tour, along with the release of his latest album: Legendaddy. Through an emotional message posted on his website, the artist declared his retirement from the music industry after a 32-year career, 6 studio albums, more than 30 million records sold, and 102 awards won. His legacy is the consolidation of a genre that changed the music industry forever.
In September 2021, he was awarded the Billboard Hall of Fame for his career and his great influence as an artist on a global level. This award is given to artists who have achieved global recognition, transcending all borders of genres and languages.
The story begins in 2004, when he released his hit single “Gasolina,” credited with introducing reggaeton to audiences around the world, and turning the musical genre into a global phenomenon. Since then, he has sold over 30 million records, making him one of the best-selling Latin music artists.
Daddy Yankee’s Barrio Fino album made history by becoming the best-selling Latin music album of the 2000-2009 decade. In 2017, Daddy Yankee, in collaboration with Latin pop singer Luis Fonsi released the hit single “Despacito”. It became the first Spanish-language song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100 since 1996.
The single was a worldwide success. The video of “Slowly” on YouTube became the platform’s most viewed video and the best-selling single of the 2010-2019 decade. This success led to daddy yankee to become the most listened to artist worldwide on the Spotify streaming service in June 2017, being the first Latin artist to achieve it.
Daddy Yankee’s Guinness World Records
In his career, El Cangri was also awarded 10 Guinness World Records:
- First Latin artist to reach number 1 on Spotify,
- the artist with the most songs on the Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay charts,
- the most singles to reach No. 1 on the Billboard Latin Rhythm Airplay charts, ?
- the most listened to song in the world (Despacito),
- the most viewed music video online (Despacito),
- the most viewed duet music video on YouTube (Despacito), ?
- the first YouTube video to receive 5 billion views (Despacito),
- the most weeks at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Latin Songs charts
- the most consecutive weeks at No. 1 in the United States (Despacito).
- In 2019, his single “Con Calma” Ft. Snow became the most important Latin song of 2019 and the Top 10 most listened to songs worldwide, as well as being the #1 most viewed video on YouTube generating more than 2.4 billion views.
daddy yankee has won 110 awards and more than 300 nominations.
He has been named one of the “Most Influential Hispanics” by both Time magazine and the network. CNN. She fulfilled one of his greatest dreams, which was to record with Mark Anthony your favorite christmas song “Back Pa’ La Vuelta”. With 300 million views, the song reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Tropical Airplay chart and debuted at No. 5 on the Hot Latin Songs chart.
He was awarded the prize Songwriter Of The Year for the third time at the Awards ASCAP of Latin Music 2021 and has been awarded the Billboard Hall of Fame award becoming the first Latin urban artist to enter.
the last lap tour
With the announcement of his farewell tour for 2022, The Big Boss generated a historic stir worldwide. Saying goodbye with a record and a tour has been one of the news that has most impacted the Latin public. “Legendaddy” is the seventh album of his career, contains 19 songs and has the collaboration of important representatives of the urban genre such as Bad Bunny, Myke Towers, Becky G, Natti Natasha, Pitbullamong others.
When is Daddy Yankee presented in Chile?
El Cangri will come to present it to Chile on September 29 at the National Stadium in what will be a true party with a living legend. All of Chile awaits him.
DADDY YANKEE in Chile
THE LAST ROUND WORLD TOUR – SEPTEMBER 29 – NATIONAL STADIUM
Paying with Tenpo card, between Wednesday, May 18 at 10:00 AM until
on Thursday, May 19 at 09:59 AM, or while supplies last of 6,000 tickets.
How to buy tickets for Daddy Yankee?
Tenpo presale process:
- Access to www.dotticket.com/daddy-yankee.
- -Select “Tenpo Exclusive Pre-Sale” to go to the virtual queue.
- -Sign in at Punto Ticket.
- -Enter the BIN of the Tenpo card.
- -Select the tickets on the map (maximum 2 per purchase or transaction).
- -Complete the personal data and select “Webpay” as payment method.
- -Select pay with “Prepaid” and then select “Tenpo”.
- -Enter the data and finalize the transaction.
Note: A validation will be made that the card with which the payment is made is validly issued by Tenpo, and that the bin (card number) matches the one entered to identify the person as a Tenpo customer.
For all people who do not use the presale, tickets for the show will be available from Thursday, May 19 at 10:00 AM