Enrique and Meghan brand a “communication coup” apology from The Sun newspaper


December 25, 2022, 10:27 AM

December 25, 2022, 10:27 AM

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle They denounced this weekend the “communication coup” that represents, according to them, the apology of The Sun newspaper for a column that virulently attacks the Duchess of Sussex.

Last week, the former host of the Top Gear car show, Jeremy Clarkson, she wrote that she dreamed of the day Meghan would “parade naked through the streets of every city in the UK, while the crowds yelled at her ‘Shame!’ and throw excrement at him.”

The British newspaper said on Friday that it regretted the publication of the column, which it removed from its website and newspaper library, and expressed its sincere apologies.

“The fact that The Sun has not contacted the Duchess of Sussex to apologize shows your intentions. It is nothing more than a communication coup,” a spokesman for Harry and Meghan said on Saturday.

“If the public deserves the masthead’s remorse for its dangerous claims, we would not be in this situation if The Sun were not continually harnessing and exploiting hate, violence and misogyny,” the spokesperson continued.

The controversial article sparked a record number of complaints (more than 20,000) before the British media ombudsman and numerous convictions of public figures.

To justify himself, Clarkson mentioned “a clumsy reference to (the series) Game of Thrones”.

“This has been taken badly by many people. I am horrified that I have caused so much pain and I will be more prudent in the future“, wrote.

In one of the most remembered sequences of Games of Thrones, a female character suffers a “march of shame” in which she is forced to walk naked through the streets while people throw garbage at her.



Source-news.google.com