Harry, Meghan and Andrew deprived of balcony for the jubilee of Elizabeth II


Exit the terrible children of the monarchy: Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, as well as Prince Andrew, will be deprived of an appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during the parade which will launch in June the festivities of the 70 years of reign of Elizabeth II.

This decision was taken by the 96-year-old sovereign “after careful consideration”, a palace spokesperson said on Friday, putting an end to the speculation that was rife on the presence or not on the balcony of the exiled couple in California, as well as of the queen’s son, a survivor of a sexual assault case.

The traditional balcony appearance for Trooping the Color on June 2 “will this year be limited to Her Majesty and members of the Royal Family carrying out official public engagements on behalf of the Queen”, said the spokesperson.

A total of 18 members of the royal family, including Crown Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, as well as his son William, his wife Kate and their three children, are expected.

Although not an active member of the monarchy, the husband of Princess Anne, only daughter of Elizabeth, will also be there, for the “support” provided to his wife during her engagements, according to Buckingham Palace.

Four days of festivities, joyfully awaited by the British who benefit for the occasion from an additional public holiday, are planned from June 2 to 5 for the platinum jubilee marking the 70 years of reign of Queen Elizabeth II, unequaled in the Kingdom. -United.

They will begin with “Trooping the Colour”, the grand military parade which officially celebrates the sovereign’s birthday each year.

Prince Harry, 37, lives with Meghan, a 40-year-old ex-American actress, and their two children in California after their shock decision in 2020 to step back from the monarchy to develop their own philanthropic and business projects.

A spokeswoman for the couple, however, said they were “excited and honoured” to participate in other (unspecified) Platinum Jubilee celebrations with their children.

Their son Archie turns 3 on Friday while their daughter Lilibet, who has never been presented to the Queen in person, turns one on June 4, during the Jubilee celebrations.

– Cannon fire –

Prince Andrew, 62, the Queen’s second son, has been deprived of any official role after being splashed by the Epstein scandal. Discreet since then, he reached an amicable agreement in February with an American who accused him of sexual assault.

He had, however, made a remarkable – and controversial – appearance in March during a religious ceremony in homage to his late father Prince Philip, on the arm of the queen who was leaning on a cane.

Dean of the world of monarchs in office, Elizabeth II, widowed since last year, celebrated her 96th birthday in privacy on April 21, now largely withdrawn from public life due to mobility problems.

She had marked the anniversary of her ascent to the throne in the same discretion, on February 6.

Canceled two years in a row in 2020 and 2021 due to the pandemic, the Trooping the Color ceremony, which will be broadcast on television and on the big screen, will see more than a thousand soldiers, hundreds of musicians marching through central London. of the army and some 240 horses. Cannon fire is also planned.

In addition to the Salut aux couleurs, a large concert is also planned as well as a historical reconstruction of the 70 years of reign of a queen who crossed, imperturbable, times and crises, with thousands of popular lunches.



Source- https://www.rtl.be/people/potins/harry-meghan-et-andrew-prives-de-balcon-pour-le-jubile-d-elizabeth-ii-1374750.aspx