Kevin Spacey: He rejects allegations in London court


Kevin Spacey
In a London court, he denies allegations

Kevin Spacey is due back in court on July 14.

Kevin Spacey is due back in court on July 14.

© imago/NurPhoto

Kevin Spacey has appeared before a London court. Through his lawyer, he has had the allegations rejected.

US actor Kevin Spacey (62) is on trial in London. He is accused of sexually assaulting three men. The 62-year-old “vehemently” denies these allegations as his lawyer put forward at a first appointment, according to the British newspaper “The Guardian”.

According to the indictment, the sexual assaults took place in London in March 2005 and August 2008, and in Gloucestershire in April 2013. According to the media report, Spacey’s lawyer Patrick Gibbs said in court that his client emphatically denied any crime.

He remains at large

Spacey had previously been brought into the courthouse by a crowd of photographers and reporters. The two-time Oscar winner then took a seat in the dock, dressed in a blue suit with a white shirt and dark tie.

The hearing on Thursday (June 16) was apparently largely about whether Spacey would remain at large. This was granted to the actor. He then has to appear in court again on July 14.

Kevin Spacey wants to prove his innocence

Criminal charges were filed against the actor in Great Britain at the end of May. Spacey then said through his rep on Good Morning America that he would “voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as feasible and defend me against these allegations”. The 62-year-old was “confident that this will prove my innocence”. Basically, however, he was “disappointed with the decision” that the allegations would even end up before a court in London.

Spacey was Artistic Director of the Old Vic Theater in London from 2004 to 2015. Numerous men had accused the actor of sexual assault from 2017 onwards in the course of the #MeToo debate.

SpotOnNews



Source-www.stern.de