Kristin Chenoweth and her connection to Girl Scout crime

Kristin Chenoweth returned to Oklahoma to reassess the case in the documentary series that reveals new details of the tragic event. “This is a story she wishes she never had to tell,” says the actress.

Kristin Chenoweth recounts in “Guardian of the Ashes: The murder of the Girl Scouts of Oklahomas” what is her connection to the murders of the three young women who in 1977 were sexually abused and murdered during one of their camps in Mayes County.

The four-episode docuseries premieres May 24 on Hulu, and shows a Chenoweth convinced that getting sick was what saved her life as she was scheduled to participate in that camp in which her friends were attacked.

In the series she relates how much she loved going to these camps, and that she saw the Girls Scounts as her “sisters”. The actress relates that her passion for these trips was so great that she never imagined that something bad could happen. She also talks about how this event marked her life during these 45 years, since the triple crime was committed.

It may interest you: Buffalo Shooter Planned Attack Months Before Social Media Posts Reveal

“I should have been on that trip, but I got sick,” she explains, adding: “It has stayed with me my whole life. I could have been one of them.”

The recently released trailer features archival video of the 1977 reports and interviews with officials in charge of the investigations at the time.

In June, 45 years ago, Lori Lee Farmer, 8 years old; Michele Heather Guse, 9; and Doris Denise Milner, age 10, traveled to the camp in Mayes where they were found dead

The Oklahoma Girl Scout murders took place in June 1977. A group of Girl Scouts took a camping trip to Camp Scott in Mayes County, OK. During the trip, three girls, , were found dead. The three girls had been sexually assaulted and murdered the night before.

Various reports indicated that the authorities arrested and charged Gene Leroy Hart as the alleged perpetrator, but in 1979 he was acquitted of the charges. He subsequently returned to prison for other crimes, and a few years later he died in prison.

45 years after the event, the case remains unsolved, now the investigators retake the facts using technology that did not exist before to examine the existing evidence and provide answers to the questions that still revolve around the tragic event.

Those interviewed also include a camp counselor, a sheriff who reopened the case and the acquitted suspect’s attorney.




USA United States Famous Trends