this ultimatum that Prince William would have asked concerning Prince Andrew


Prince Andrew and Prince William attend Prince Philip’s funeral. (Windsor, April 17, 2021.) Getty Images

The Duke of Cambridge would have done everything to prevent the youngest of Elizabeth II from attending the ceremony of the Order of the Garter on Monday, June 13. With success.

He would cultivate the secret hope of regaining his titles of nobility. Prince Andrew, who fell into disgrace, however experienced a new setback on Monday, June 13. He was thus forced to cancel his visit to the Order of the Garter ceremony, which was attended by many members of the royal family. According to Sunthe Prince William reportedly issued an ultimatum to Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II. He reportedly threatened not to attend the event if the Duke of York, accused of sexual assault and involvement in the Jeffrey Epstein case, made a public appearance there.

“It’s him or me,” he said. What was confirmed by theEvening Standard in the same day. “The Duke of Cambridge was adamant,” an anonymous source told the daily. If the Duke of York insisted on taking part in the event publicly, Prince William would not attend. Kate Middleton would therefore have been absent, too. No one has forgotten the criticisms aroused by the remarkable arrival of Prince Andrew on the arm of the Queen, during the ceremony of homage to Prince Philip, organized in March.

On video, Andrew, the prince who embarrassed the crown

A “family decision”

The Duke of Cambridge therefore ended up winning the case. Prince Andrew’s attendance at the Order of the Garter ceremony was canceled at the last minute for fear he would be booed by the crowd. Buckingham Palace announced, in the process, that the absence of Prince Charles’ brother was a “family decision”, and that he would only be invited to private celebrations.

“The Duke of York will attend the investiture and lunch today but will not take part in the procession or the mass,” the royal palace said in a statement. A choice made on the wire, as demonstrated by Chris Ship, journalist for ITV, who revealed on Twitter the list of guests on which the name of the prince still appeared.

The previous week, Prince Andrew, suffering from Covid-19, had also not attended the jubilee festivities. In January, the youngest of Elizabeth II had been stripped of his title of Duke of York. Since then, the latter would try by all means to ensure new official commitments. For their part, Princes Charles and William would do everything to prevent it, certain that Prince Andrew must remain “out of sight”. In February, the latter had concluded a financial agreement of 12 million pounds (13 million euros) with Virginia Giuffre, who accuses him of sexual violence.



Source- https://madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/actu-people/c-est-lui-ou-moi-cet-ultimatum-qu-aurait-pose-le-prince-william-concernant-le-prince-andrew-20220614