US actor Kevin Spacey is expected in court in London


Kevin Spacey faces charges of sexually assaulting men. The actor is expected in court in London.

the essentials in brief

  • Kevin Spacey is due in court in London for the first time this Thursday.
  • The actor has denied allegations of sexual assault against three men.

Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey is expected to appear in court in London for the first time this Thursday in the trial of allegations of sexual assault against three men. The 62-year-old had already announced that he wanted to face criminal proceedings. According to media reports, he is said to have traveled to Great Britain.

The two-time Oscar winner (“The Usual Suspects”, “American Beauty”) is accused of four sexual assaults on three different men in the years 2005 to 2013. In one case, the charge is “penetrative sexual activity without consent.”

According to the US broadcaster ABC, Spacey had previously said he welcomed the message from the British prosecutor, who had pointed out that he had the right to a fair trial and was innocent until proven otherwise. He will face the process, Spacey continued. He added: “I will defend myself against these allegations and am optimistic that my innocence will be proven.”

Plaintiff was only 14 at the time of the alleged assault

In New York, Spacey is also facing a civil lawsuit alleging abuse. The plaintiff states that he was only 14 years old at the time of the alleged assault. Spacey also denies these allegations.

In the fall of 2017, allegations of sexual assault and harassment against Spacey emerged as part of the #MeToo debate. The Old Vic Theater in London, of which Spacey was artistic director between 2004 and 2015, reported in the same year that it had received 20 complaints about inappropriate behavior against the American.

Lost role in «House of Cards»

Spacey lost his role on the Netflix series House of Cards. There, too, crew members had accused him of sexual harassment. He also had to pay the production company MRC $ 31 million (about 27.6 million euros at the time) in compensation for lost revenue. Scenes involving Spacey were also subsequently removed from the film All the Money in the World. His role was then taken over by actor Christopher Plummer, who died in February 2021.

After several years of avoiding the public eye, Spacey got his first minor role in the Italian film “L’uomo che disegnò Dio” in 2021.

More on the subject:

Hollywood Netflix Fall Dollars Actor Kevin Spacey Court




Source-www.nau.ch